There are varying methods out there for cleaning your makeup brushes. One method I found is very simple and works great.
- First, gather your makeup brushes, shampoo, a cup, a towel, and water.
- Put the shampoo into a cup of water to form a soap mixture.
- One at a time run the brush under lukewarm water taking care not to get water into the base (point down towards the sink).
- Dip the brush into the shampoo mixture and swirl it around.
- Pat dry using a towel.
- Reshape the bristles to make sure they aren’t messed up.
- Leave the brush to dry laying on a towel. (One article I read said to do this with the brush angled so that the water doesn’t get down into the base of the brush.
- Repeat steps 3-7 until all of your brushes are clean.
It is recommended to clean your brushes weekly to prevent bacteria.