This video was made by Amanda Davis, Avon Ind. Sales Representative New Avon, LLC
I use these tactics to plan my own campaigns. Representatives should look at the Campaign Central videos Avon provides as well. At the end of the video I mention the FAB Buys (this actually ended as of Campaign 26 2016). I give a couple ways to figure out the best buys yourself at the end of the video.
Campaign 1 2017 Selling Tips:
Campaign 1 2017 is over for most of us, but maybe you still have some brochures sitting around or people that you need to follow up with that their last Avon Brochure was Campaign 1 2017.
- Take Advantage of last minute sales for the holidays!
- Sell Breast Cancer Crusade awareness products like the $6 charm bracelet featured in the Campaign 1 What’s New (great add-on sale).
- Sell matching products together like the Mailyn Oversized Tote, Classics Wallet, and Key Fob.
- Take note of information like the Skin Care Bulletin and share that information with potential skin care customers and can also try to add on to existing skin care customer orders. What’s New pages 6-7
- Moisture Therapy big winter product! Campaign 1 has a five piece set for $16.99
- What’s News are great for sample stock ups if you need to get more samples
- Take note of discontinued products and suggested replacements. I mention specifics in my video. This list can be found in the What’s New pages 12-13.
- Take note of representative tips on pages 16-18
Campaign 2 2017 Selling Tips:
- Ultimate Utility Tote on the cover is $19.99 with any $15 purchase from the brochure (another great add-on sale)
- Make note of new products and things your customers might like.
- New jewelry that can be a great add-on sale
- Vitamin C serum will be on sale for $19.99
- Point out the 3-piece sets for Avon Senses that are in the brochure for $9.99
- New Mark Magalog and products–capitalize on Winter Fashion trends
- Special Representative Offers for products that can be used for demos, inventory, etc.
- $8.99 Sample Pack offer
- More discontinued items (I go into detail in the video) What’s New pages 16-17
- More Mark items
Representatives check out my What’s New page which includes links to the What’s New books
For more representative tips check out my representative center
Not an Avon Rep yet? Learn more about the opportunity!
Avon Customer? Don’t have an Avon Rep? Here’s how you can buy from my eStore
Check out the latest in the What’s New book for Campaign 19 2015! Watch the video to learn more:
To Shop Online Between August 25, 2015 and September 7, 2015 CLICK HERE
To view the What’s New Brochure online CLICK HERE! Prices are for current representatives only. Not an Avon Rep yet? Then JOIN THE FAMILY for only $15 today and get started on your own Avon Journey! Thanks for following me! I appreciate you taking the time to check out my blog and Watch my YouTube videos!
AVON Ind. Sales Rep Amanda Davis
Thanks for watching! Like, Share, Subscribe!
Shop Campaign 15 online June 30-July 13 2015.
Buy AVON or Start Your Own Business: https://adavis0493.avonrepresentative.com/
View the entire What’s New Demo Book Online! Please note demo prices are for representatives only. Not a representative yet? Sign-up now!
To follow along with me in the video, you can click the image to see the What’s New I used to make the YouTube video with tips on using the What’s New to buy samples and use samples to grow your customers as well as to see the sales tips mentioned and read them for yourselves.
Using Samples to Grow your Sales:
- Take advantage of the SCENTED Pages that AVON offers in each brochure. Draw attention to these pages by folding them over to grab a customer’s attention.
- Attach samples to the pages where the product is featured in the brochure.
- Use samples to break the ice and start a conversation with a potential customer (think Fragrance and Skincare sales). Make sure to get follow-up information so you can ask how they liked the sample.
- Thank Loyal Customers by adding samples to their order bags.
- Give current customers samples of the featured product in the brochure (such as in Campaign 7 it was the Hydration Mask).
- Make Sample Packs for events–a simple pack includes a fragrance sample, recruiting flyer, sales flyer (the little booklets and outlets Avon sends you with your orders), business card. You can also add other samples if you have more to invest or more to get out to customers but fragrance is the most budget friendly.
- Take advantage of the Sample Pack deals listed in the What’s New brochures. This is the most budget friendly way to build up your samples. Samples do work to get customers to buy especially with fragrance and skincare.
- Don’t put all of your profits into getting samples, but a small investment from time to time or even if trying to get samples of something in particular for one customer, can grow your customer base because people love to try before they buy!
Pay attention to the Sales Tips that are in each What’s New:
Almost every What’s New book has at least one sales tip for you to use to grow your customer base or the loyalty of your current customers. These tips are very useful and can be used for years to come. I’ve learned a lot from the tips other representatives have shared in the What’s New books.
Watch my video that explains it all in more detail:
Like, Subscribe, Share…Thanks and I hope you found this helpful!
To check out what a What’s New looks like or to look at the What’s New I used when making the YouTube video below click the image.
To read about WHAT the AVON What’s New booklet is click here.
If you are a new representative or a representative who is unsure of what sorts of things are in the What’s New booklets, then this article is for you. Did you know our What’s New booklets are more than just new products coming out for purchase? Did you know you can get value out of a What’s New without even ordering anything from the book? Read on to find out what sort of information is available in the What’s New booklets.
- Stock-Up Opportunities: Many of our What’s New booklets contain opportunities to stock up on products. Sometimes these opportunities are for new products and sometimes they are just for products that are on sale or highlighted in that particular campaign. Stock-up opportunities are great for building inventory for use at home parties, yard sales, craft fairs, or other events where you might need products on hand. For new products, they are a great way to get your customers the products early and maximize your earnings on the products. When looking to Stock-Up on items, it is often best to take advantage of these stock-up opportunities as many times they are at a lower cost to you then they would be if you bought them out of the brochure. Often with new products, Avon will throw in free products and/or special exclusive products that are only available as part of the stock-up opportunity.
- Samples/Sample Packs: I often see representatives asking where to find samples of our products. Samples of things such as skincare items, color items especially lipstick, and fragrances are better sold when you have samples on hand. I only buy samples out of the What’s New booklets and the reason is you can get the best bang for your buck 99% of the time as many times there are sample bundles offered at a low cost to you. If you are looking for samples look no further than your What’s New booklets.
- Expert Advice/Tips: Sometimes when a new product is launched, Avon will provide expert advice and/or tips to help you in selling the product to your customers. For example, in the What’s New for Campaign 3, there was expert advice about the new Moisture Therapy Derma Soothing product line that came out in that campaign.
- Representative Quotes/Tips: In addition to the expert advice and tips, many times Avon features top sales representatives with quotes, advice, and tips for representatives when it comes to selling our products. It is great to learn from each other and reading advice from other representatives in the What’s New is a great way to do just that (learn from other experienced representatives.)
- New Products: Probably the majority of the representatives that look at the What’s New use it to see what products will be new to Avon. Avon allows you to purchase the products early to either Demo or sell to customers. You can also choose to buy things for yourself out of the What’s New. Just be careful not to go overboard spending ;-). Purchases from the What’s New do count towards order size (at your cost) as well as you do receive award sales on the products as well (award sales are for your cost, not customer cost unless otherwise noted).
- Mark items: Often items from our Mark. line are featured in the What’s New to be purchased ahead of time for Demos, selling, or personal purchases.
- Product information: Avon will use the What’s New booklets to give representatives information on our products. This is done with many of our new products when they are launched. Avon wants you to have as much information available to you as possible so that you can use that information to expand your customer base as well as add on new products with your existing customers.
- Upcoming Preferred Preview Offers: Lately, when there is an upcoming preferred preview Avon will mention it in a What’s New booklet a couple campaigns before the preferred preview flyer even comes with your order. The ad will mention how you can sign up for the preferred preview program if you so wish as well as tells you what the upcoming offer will be so that if you think you want it you can make sure you are enrolled in the preferred preview program. If you decide to enroll, be mindful of the offers as well as watch your order boxes for flyers so that if you wish to cancel that preferred preview you can before you are charged for it and it is sent to you.
- Recipes: Every once in awhile you can find a recipe in the What’s New booklets especially when hot items for the kitchen come out in the brochure. Even Avon has you when it comes to cooking in the kitchen. 🙂
- Other Representative information: Sometimes Avon will use the What’s New booklets to put out information to representatives so that they know about things that they may miss on the back office of youravon.com as well as information that Avon feels is very important for representatives to know.
- Earnings Chart: Every What’s New booklet features our earnings chart and explains how you earn money by selling Avon. This is a great reference when you are trying to build your order as if you are close to the next earnings level, you may want to do whatever you can to boost up the order so you can get a higher earnings percentage. This is currently found at the back of the What’s New booklets.
- Demo Discount and Demo Limit: Also found at the back of the booklets with the Earnings Chart, is an explanation of how you are paying less when you buy an item as a demo and your demo limit. Demo limits are based on sales levels. Representatives who are not President’s Club or above may only order one demo of each item. President’s Club members may order up to three. Other demo limits are also described as sometimes items have no limit and you can order unlimited quantities no matter what your sales level. Demo products can be very useful for gaining sales when used properly, but again make sure you are watching your spending and not overspending on demos.
- Fab 5 Buys: Currently each What’s New booklet features a Fab 5 buys flyer for the current campaign (two campaigns ahead of the What’s New) that will help you in selecting what items to try to sell for the campaign as well as know what items might be top sellers.
- Other information: The What’s New may also feature other information as appropriate that I have not listed above.
Bottom line, you should always look at your What’s New booklets even if you don’t plan to buy anything from them because you never know what information you might find in there.
To read more about ways to use your What’s New booklets click here.
Watch my video explanation below and please do subscribe to my Youtube channel. Thanks for reading/watching and I hope this helped!
If you are not already an Avon Representative, but would like to become one then click here to start your own business today!
Some new Representatives may not be sure why we have the What’s New Flyers. These flyers are flyers Avon puts out for Representatives. They are primarily used to have a look at what products are coming soon to your regular Avon brochure.To read more about WHAT the flyer is click here. The What’s New Book is meant to be used as a planning tool to plan your sale strategies for upcoming campaigns. The most successful representatives plan out what products they are going to push for each campaign a couple of campaigns ahead of time. The What’s New Flyer shows you what products are coming soon to customers and allows you as the Representative to buy them early before they come out in the regular brochure. Here are some ways you can use your What’s New Demo Books:
- Plan out your upcoming campaigns–see what products are going to be HOT and plan the ones you want to push to try to sell to customers
- Buy products early at a discounted price (PRP is for President’s Club and above and R is for new reps and any current reps that have not reached President’s Club or above in sales level).
- Buy products for yourself at a discount–I’m totally guilty of this, just make sure you don’t go over your budget
- Take advantage of Stock Up offers to stock up on inventory to sell to customers
- Buy products to demo to customers so customers can try/see before they buy–again don’t go over your budget
- Pre-order items for your best customers–You can do this and sell for the customer price otherwise you won’t make any profit–if you aren’t worried about profit then you can sell for the price you pay Avon–this is a good idea for things that will be top sellers especially during the holidays to make sure your customer gets the item.
- Buy Samples so customers can try before they buy
- Read sales tips from established representatives–Many times Avon will publish tips from established representatives to help you with your Avon business
- Find information for Representatives such as incentives, scholarship information, and earnings levels
I attached the Campaign 2 2015 What’s New Flyer as an example of a What’s New Flyer. Click the image to access it.
To read more about what information can be found in the What’s New flyers click here.
If you are not currently an Avon Representative, but interested in becoming one then click here to start today!
Sometimes the terminology Avon Representatives use can be confusing. If you are a new Representative or are considering becoming an Avon Representative you may wonder what is a “What’s New” Avon Catalog or Book? The What’s New Brochures are how Avon lets Representatives know about upcoming products several campaigns before they are released to customers. This allows you to promote the products to your customers ahead of time if you wish to do so. You can even purchase the products as a “demo” to show it to customers and even sell it to customers before it is even in the brochure. Customers love to be the first to see a product and this let’s you show them. This also allows you to purchase products for yourself at a discount that is sometimes more than the discount you will get if you wait for it to come out in the brochure. I like to purchase out of the What’s New book so I can wear the product or show it to customers as a conversation starter. Customers like to see and try before they buy so the demos and samples you can purchase out of the What’s New books allows you to give this experience to your customers and then hopefully either get a sale on the spot or get a sale later. Each What’s New Catalog states when the products can be ordered on the front cover. Avon will mail representatives a copy of each What’s New in the shipment boxes for the orders placed from your Representative account. You can also view the brochures online at youravon.com under the my orders tab–create order–and then on the left side of the screen click order demos. If you Google for a What’s New Catalog online you can see where other Representatives have placed the links from Avon as well. I will be adding them to this blog soon as well for the convenience of myself and my team and potential team.
We are no longer on Campaign 1 2015, but I have included it in this post as a way for you to get an idea of what the What’s New brochure looks like in case you did not know. If you are not already a Representative, but would like to become one so you can purchase Avon at a discount click here. View What’s New Campaign 1 2015 Online (you can also click the image to be taken to the online What’s New book).