We all wonder “How often should I replace my makeup?” There are varying recommendations on this, and many of us are guilty of holding onto makeup for as long as we can. I know that I’ve had makeup for years myself. I just did a Google search on the topic and came across an article with some recommendations. I also came across another article in my research. I also have seen the recommendations below in other areas as well. I included the links for the articles because I want those sources to get credit for the information and I am just passing it along to my readers and customers through my blog.
- Must be replaced after pink eye or any other eye infection
- Mascara: Recommended to replace every three months
- Eye Liner: Three to six months. Eye pencils can last up to a year if sharpened often.
- Eye Shadow: One to two years if powder. One year for cream.
- Toss products used if you’ve had a cold sore.
- Lip Gloss: Six Months to a year
- Lipstick and Lip Pencil: One Year
- Liquid Foundation: Six months to one year.
- Powder Foundation: One to two years.
- The second article I read recommends replacing once a year.
- Replace after 12 to 18 months.
Blush & Bronzer:
- One to two years if powder.
- Replace after about one year.
The second article recommends replacing make-up brushes within five years and make-up sponges should be replaced once a month. With regular cleaning your make-up brushes can last longer.
If it is time to replace something check out my online estore to see the latest deals!