A basic skin care regimen will help to send you on the path to better skin. A basic regimen is a cleanser, day/night cream, and then any eye creams and special treatments. A basic daily regimen really shouldn’t take longer than five minutes to complete. The Avon Auto=Replenish program allows you to setup a regimen and have it auto-shipped on a frequency you select with free shipping.
To get to the Auto-Replenish area of the website go to your representatives website, click skin care, on the left hand side click Auto-Replenish.
Buy Avon or Join Today (USA Only): https://adavis0493.avonrepresentative.com/
Not sure what Skin Care products from Avon that you want to use? Then, try the Skin Advisor Tool that is on the representative website for your Avon Representative. Don’t have an Avon Representative? If you live in the USA, you can check out my website.
How to get to the tool:
- Visit your representative’s website
- Click on Skin Care at the top of the home page
- Click on Skin Advisor Tool under features on the left hand side
- Take the Skin Care Quiz and decide which products you want to try.
Steps in A Skin Care Regimen:
- Cleanse–Always use a cleanser to wash your face morning and evening. It is important for your skin to be clean before applying creams and skin care products.
- Treat–Apply any treatments that you are using for specific skin concerns after cleansing and before moisturizing.
- Moisturize–Apply your day cream in the morning (SPF is great if you are not allergic) and night cream in the evening.
- Eye–Gently apply your eye creams after moisturizing.
Quick Skin Tips:
- Make sure your hands are clean before you do your skin care routine. This is important to prevent germs, etc.
- Apply products in a circular motion on the face and neck.
- Apply your eye products by gently tapping using your ring finger.
Information for this video came from the Avon Anew Skin Care Guide Fall 2015 and Avon Anew Skin Care Specialist Course on Avon University. Thank you Avon for supporting your representatives!
Skin Care Articles:
The video below explains how you can determine skin type:
Is your skin oily, normal, dry, or combination? How do you know? In the video above I explain how you can easily determine your skin type.
Why is it important to know skin type?
When determining which skincare products are best for you, it is important to know your skin type so that you can find products that will suit your skin. For example, combination and oily skin do better with lighter lotions instead of heavy creams. Normal skin can usually do either creams or lotions. Dry skin usually does better with creams.
Tissue Test to determine skin type:
- Wash your face and pat dry.
- Wait 15 minutes.
- Rip a tissue into 4 pieces. Put one piece on the forehead, one on the cheek, one on the side of your nose, and one on your chin.
- Observe what happens. See what the results mean below.
What does the tissue test mean?
- Dry skin–All of the pieces of tissue fell off
- Normal skin–All of the pieces stuck and then fell off
- Oily skin–All of the pieces stick to your skin
- Combination skin–The nose and chin pieces stuck and the cheeks and forehead came off.
- Dry skin can be flaky and irritated
- Normal skin is usually clear and even
- Oily skin is greasy and shines and is also prone to blemishes and blackheads
- Combination skin is oily in the T-zone (forehead, nose, chin) and dry on the cheeks
Disclaimer: I gained this information from the Avon Skincare Specialist Training course under Avon University and the Anew Skincare Guide from Fall 2015. Thank you Avon for supporting your representatives!
Are you looking for basic skincare? Look no further!
The Avon Elements Moisture Boost collection is a basic skincare collection with the goal to moisturize your skin on your face. Some of the products are even specific for Oily Skin and made Oil-Free. The full line of products includes a couple of day cream options, a few cleansing options, an eye cream to moisturize the skin around your eye, and a night cream. I like these products because they make my skin feel clean and soften my skin on my face. There is no stinging as the ingredients are very gentle. I like to use the Avon Elements Moisture Boost Purifying Cleanser if I just want to clean my face in the morning or at night before going to bed.
Did you know you should use SPF every day, even in the winter?
The Avon Elements Moisture Boost Day Cream has SPF 15 in it and is a great day cream for daily use. It goes on smoothly and only has a very faint scent that smells really good! I like using this day cream when I need a little moisture on my skin and as a bonus it gives me protection from the sun on my face without having to add extra sunscreen. The Day Cream is Oil-Free and great for people with skin that can become oily. The Day Cream’s main ingredient is Camellia Tea Leaf. The Avon Elements Moisture Boost Daily Moisture Lotion also has SPF 15! The Daily Moisture Lotion is for people with Normal Skin. It’s main ingredient is Sea Oak Complex. Both products are hypoallergenic.
Use a night cream daily…
The Avon Elements Moisture Boost Night Cream is perfect for adding that little bit of moisture to your face at night. I like to add it on to my nightly skincare regimen when I have dry skin and want that extra moisture boost. Perfect if you are just looking to add moisture to your skin and not anti-aging. Update: This night cream is no longer available for sale, but Avon offers many other great Night Cream options.
Moisturize the skin around your eyes…
The skin around your eyes needs moisturizing too to help keep it healthy. The Moisture Boost eye cream can be used in the morning or night and is perfect to just put that extra umph.. into the skin around your eyes. The eye cream is suitable for sensitive skin and hypoallergenic.
Check out this Two in One Product…Avon Moisture Boost Refining
The Avon Elements Moisture Boost Refining Scrub & Mask can be either a cleanser or a mask! Many people (women especially) like to include masks as part of their weekly skincare regimen. This product is great because you can use it daily as a cleanser and then once a week put it on and leave it on as a mask. I absolutely love how this product made my skin feel after using it.
To read more customer reviews of products and to check out the complete Moisture Boost Collection go to my Avon Estore: http://adavis0493.avonrepresentative.com/
Watch my video review of the Day Cream and Night Cream below:
Link to my video review of the Day Lotion and Cleansers: